Digital Agriculture Forum 2022
9 December | 9:00 -11:00 CET
The Digital Agriculture Forum (DAF) 2022 will take place in virtual mode via Zoom on 9 December 2022, Friday.
The DAF 2022, themed “Enabling Digital Transformation in Agriculture with Emerging Technologies”, is the third edition of the annual joint event co-organized by FAO and Zhejiang University to host policy and technical discussions and share knowledge and good practices in the area of digital agriculture as well as digital innovation.
Since 2019, the DAF has attracted over 600 participants from more than 80 countries, gathering individuals and institutions from all over the world to join through panel discussions, speeches and showcases. This year, it will focus more on emerging technologies and their application, and the impact of the technologies during the Digital Agriculture Innovation Hubs’ implementation.
Come and join us in getting to know the world of technologies and innovation and how they manage to change the agrifood system.
(Global Session) Digital Agriculture Forum 2022
Welcome remarks : Ms Lianzhen He, Vice president, Zhejiang University (tbc)
Facilitator: Thembani Malapela, Knowledge/Information Management Officer, Office of Innovation, FAO
Enabling digital agriculture transformation with emerging technologies and the role of Digital Agriculture Innovation Hubs
Chair: Ms Marta Iglesias, Programme Officer, Office of Innovation, FAO
1. Representatives from FVC countries:
· Vermaran Extavour, International Expert, FAO SLC-Value chain and project coordination, FAOSLC, on behalf of FAO Dominica and Grenada
· Hailu Eregnaw, Digital Agriculture and Innovation Specialist, FAO Ethiopia
· Hicham ElMhamdi ElAlaoui, Monitoring and Evaluation Expert, FAO Morocco
2. Representative from Wageningen Unversity’s SmartAgriHub:
· George Beers, Programme Manager, Wageningen University & Research
Experiences for the Private Sector in the application of technologies in agriculture and Rural Development
Chair: Dr. Shaosheng Jin, Professor of Agribusiness, deputy dean of China Academy for Rural Development, Zhejiang University
· Intelligent Sensor Technology Transforms Modern Agricultural Production
Nick Qian, General Manager of International Business Department, Zhejiang TOP Cloud-agri Technology Co., Ltd
· E-commerce advances technology Tiktok e-commerce based on a special algorithm has grown rapidly
Professor Longbao Wei, Director of Food and Agribusiness Institute, Zhejiang University
· New technology creates jobsTaobao Village promotes rural youth entrepreneurship to achieve rural prosperity
Asisitant Professor Lu Fang, Researcher, Institute of New Rural Development, Zhejiang University
Closing remarks: Ms Beth Crawford, Director, Office of Innovation, FAO